Welcome to Ascension.
We are a 110 year-old Episcopal parish located in the Cheesman Park neighborhood two miles from downtown Denver. Whether you are a Denver native or you have just moved to the neighborhood, a committed Christian or someone inquiring about the faith for the first time, we hope that you will feel at home at Ascension. In the midst of an often fast-paced, uprooted, and secular world, you will find peace and beauty in our traditional worship and a joyful sense of family in our close fellowship.
As a broad church body, our greatest strength is our unity through worship and Christian faith. As the face of Denver changes, we seek to be a place where every person is welcome, and we engage in thoughtful, respectful dialogue. We earnestly seek to hear and respond to the call of God in our lives as disciples of Jesus Christ.
Here is some more information about who we are:
- We worship in a broad Episcopal style, grounded in the centrality of the Gospel message and historic liturgical and musical traditions. Our recent parish survey revealed that as a community, most of us value strong preaching and a close personal relationship with our clergy.
- Families play a major part in church life, and more than a quarter of us have children who regularly attend Sunday School and other youth programs.
- Our community is intergenerational with parishioners in virtually every stage of life, including young adults, families, and seniors.
- Many of our members live in the neighborhood or within a few miles of Ascension. We are truly a neighborhood parish. In a big city, Ascension often feels like a small-town congregation where you want to mingle long after the service to catch up with friends and neighbors. We celebrate life’s milestones with each other—whether a baptism of a new baby or high school graduation—and provide comfort and support when times are difficult.
- Almost half of us, or 45%, have joined Ascension within the last five years. So we are a vibrant mix of long-time parishioners and newer members.
Come join us and experience the joy of a community of faith seeking to follow Christ in today’s world.
Father Lucas Grubbs and his wife, Meredith